I’m going meta for the first one to give a general overview of my Ship 30 for 30 challenge.
I thrive off of accountability — group pressure helps me stick to my goals. Also, it’ll help me avoid perfectionism since I have to publish my essay after 60 minutes, no matter what.
1. One hour total to write & edit. Whatever I have by the end is what I post.
2. Must be written from scratch daily.
3. Must be between 200 & 250 words.
4. Must fit one screenshot. No fluff!
1. Typr.page — Forces me to write 1000 words in 30 minutes. It’s a brain dump so that I later find gems to expand on. The time limit forces me to write quickly.
2. Grammarly — To check for blatant mistakes.
3. Scrivener — To write & edit in a clean UI.
4. Figma — To format text nicely.
5. Twitter — To post publicly.
6. Roam — To store my essays.
7. Notion — To update the group accountability document.
I’ll be writing about mental models, decision making, & growth. I view these as pillars & frameworks to master. If I learn these well, I’ll be better off for everything else that I do.
I’m not an expert in any of these, which is why I’m writing about them. This challenge will help me learn more about this specific domain.